- ABOUT ME: Until February 2015 I was the food editor at the London Evening Standard, where I had worked for seven years, until I went freelance. I continue to cover food and travel for the paper and for various other publications including ES Magazine, Foodism, Escapism, The Sunday Times (newspaper, The Dish magazine, Style magazine), The Independent, Square Meal, and the Berry Bros. & Rudd blog, and wrote all the restaurant lists for the London Design Guide 2015. I’ve always loved finding and eating street food but in mid-2011 I had a feeling it was going to take over the city. Since then, I believe it really has (see my NY post). On a four-month sabbatical in 2013/14 I visited lots of the (street) food hubs of Australia and parts of South East Asia and kept up the blog along the way. See the On Tour section for more details.
- ABOUT THE BLOG: LondonStreetFoodie.co.uk is designed to celebrate and track down the best of this city’s street food. It covers new and existing traders and, where possible, the food reviewed is all paid for by me. NB: If someone does give me a free sample, I’m afraid it does not guarantee a review on the blog.
- WHY: It might come in handy if you’re looking for somewhere new to visit on your lunch break, if you like an adventure or if you’re looking for a place to take a date but can’t face the formality of a restaurant.
- WHAT: There are carts, trucks and vans on the move for us to hunt down, trading everything from burgers, burritos and scallops to hot sandwiches and churros. Mostly these taste delicious, contain high quality, locally sourced ingredients and cost very little.
- WARNING: Part of the fun is trying to find them so please excuse any info that is outdated as they often change their plans without warning. LSF is a growing blog about London street food so although there is lots to tell you about that isn’t listed here yet, it soon will be. Hopefully there will always be something different the next time you visit…
- IN THE NEWS: It has been lovely to be featured in the following publications: Woman and Home’s 100 best food blogs, Telegraph.co.uk, The Descrier, HostelBookers.com blog, Street Feast blog, Citizen M reports, The Hungry Bea, The Lifestyle Agency blog, London Evening Standard, Flavour First , The Jellied Eel
If you have any London street food news, gossip, questions or suggestions for places to cover, please tweet me or contact me on the email below.